St. James Academy, Inc. (www.sjabaltimore.org) is an after school and summer program serving elementary school age children in the community around Lafayette Square in Baltimore’s Sandtown-Winchester neighborhood. For over 25 years, the program’s endowment and volunteer board, comprised mainly of members of historic St. James Episcopal Church on Lafayette Square, has enabled afterschool and summer programs for up to 50 kids. The Academy’s long-time director recently retired, providing a rare opportunity to engage new leadership.
The St James Academy (SJA) is seeking an enthusiastic part-time program director to lead its 6-week summer program, between June and July 2019; as well as participate in other occasional Academy-related meetings & activities throughout the year.
- Develop, coordinate and implement the summer program
- Support recruitment, training and supervision of the program’s staff and volunteers
- Assist in promotion of the program and registration of students
- Attend the Summer Food Service Programs training
- Maintain and document accurate records of the program activities and attendance for children and staff
- Supervise program operations, staff and students daily from 8:00 a.m. until the last child leaves at or after 3:00 p.m.
- Provide program data and reports as requested
- Maintain documentation and assist in monitoring the program budget
- Provide a final program evaluation report to the SJA Board
- Act as a liaison between the SJA Board, the Board’s Program Committee and the BELL After School Program at Harlem Park Elementary/Middle
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Prior program administration or project management experience
- Demonstrated commitment to positively impacting the lives of children in the West Baltimore community
The closing date for consideration is 5:00 p.m. on January 25, 2019. Interested individuals should submit a cover letter and resume to: LaVerne Naesea, President, St. James Academy Board (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Helen Anderson, St. James Academy Program Director (email@example.com).